Healthy right down to your toes.
The solution of the problem with the big toe.
Hallux Valgus is a misalignment outwards of the big toe. Usually the ball of the foot also obtrudes and the result is painful inflammation. To counteract this problem, Ofa Bamberg has developed a special stocking with its own knitted tip for the big toe. The big toe can move freely and without restriction. Pleasant side effect: the stocking combines the advantages of Gilofa support and travel stockings with a special tip.
Foot care is particularly important for diabetics and already begins with the stockings.
The special stockings for diabetics impress with their high percentage of cotton and the seamless sole, thus avoiding pressure points. For even minor pressure point, if left unattended, can as a result of hard troublesome seams on the stocking quickly grow into a serious problem. In the medical supplies store special stockings from the Gilofa Med range are available that also have pure silver fibres with an additional anti-bacterial effect preventing the dangers of athlete’s foot and infections. And what's more: silver counterbalances fluctuations in temperature – the feet remain cooler in summer and nice and warm in winter.
Moreover. The VenoPed fitness insoles further support this effect because they already activate blood circulation in the dense network of veins.
Hallux Valgus special support stockings
Too tight and elevated footwear can lead to painful toe displacements in the long run. The shoes continually press the big toe into an unnatural angle relative to the other toes. With time, the muscles and ligaments are no longer able to straighten the toe. This can further cause painful inflammation in the ball of the foot and even make surgical measures necessary. The Gilofa®Med Special Support Stockings for Hallux Valgus combine the respective advantages of the Gilofa®2000 Support and Travel Stockings with a specialised toe tip. The separately knitted tip grants the big toe a great deal of freedom in respect to movement and causes no restrictions. These specialised support stockings are to be used as a preventive measure or following surgical operations.
Special Socks for Diabetics
Foot care is especially important to diabetics and already begins with the choice of which socks to wear. Quite often, the physiological effects of diabetes such as circulatory and nerve disorders make
themselves apparent in the feet. For this reason, Ofa Bamberg has developed Gilofa®Med Special Socks for Diabetics. These soft cotton socks with pure silver fibres do not constrict and, in fact, protect sensitive zones of the feet. The anti-microbic effect of the silver combats harmful bacteria, germs and skin fungi, thus helping to prevent infections, inflammation and open wounds. The exceptional advantage: Silver acts as a compensator for changes in temperature. Your feet stay cool in summer and comfortably warm in winter.
10% Statex (20% pure silver / 80% Polyamide)
Details in picture
The right way to wash compression stockings.
Don´t dry clean
- Wash inside out!
- Wash before first use!
- If possible, wash every day (max. 30°C), at least every second day
- With commercial mild detergent (particularly suitable for compression stockings is Ofa clean special detergent), don´t use fabric softener
- Rinse well, but don´t rub or wring
- Air dry on a towel or in a tumbler dryer (delicates programme), never iron or dry on a radiator
- Store in dry place, protect against direct sun
- Avoid stockings with silicone coated grip tops being in contact with solvents, creams and moisturising liquid soap, as the adhesiveness can be badly affected
- Maintain regular foot care and wear sensible footwear
- Pilling is normal with textiles and no grounds for complaint
- Never repair stockings yourself but return the damaged stocking to the specialist dealer the stockings was bought from